Flemington maintenance depot, Sydney
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources.|
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (June 2008)
The depot opened in 1927 and was one of four electric train depots built under the Bradfield electrification plan, the other depots being at Mortdale, Hornsby and Punchbowl (later closed). The depot features 20 storage roads, 10 of which are under the main shed, a lift shop, wheel lathe and a train washing facility. The depot is responsible for the stabling and maintenance of all C sets, as well as an allocation of R/S sets that operate on the Bankstown, Airport and East Hills, Inner West and South lines (known as Sector 2). It also maintains the Intercity V sets. Tangara trains that operate on Sector 2 are maintained at Mortdale.
- ^ First Stop Central Keenan, David R. & Clark, Howard R. Australian Electric Traction Association 1963